Telecommunications Special Constable
Consider a career in the Communications Section of the Saskatoon Police Service. We will provide on-the-job training for receiving calls for service, operating the 9-1-1 system, the Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) system and the multi-channel trunked radio system.
Successful candidates will:
- screen emergency and non-emergency calls for service
- assign priorities and coordinate response activities for multiple patrol units
- work 12 hour shifts for two days, two nights, followed by four days off
As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 or GED
- Typing speed of 50 words per minute (typing certificate required)
- Ability to pass a written entrance exam and Criticall test (simulated 9-1-1 calls)
- Ability to pass a criminal occurrence security check and participate in an extensive recruitment process
The Saskatoon Police Service is an employment equity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan including group medical and dental, life insurance, pension plan, employee assistance program, career training, on-site fitness facilities and a starting salary of $54,034 which increases to $86,659 after five years.
If you are interested in becoming a Telecommunications Special Constable with the Saskatoon Police Service, please complete and submit the Telecommunications Special Constable Information, Application and Personal Disclosure Forms to:
Saskatoon Police Service Human Resources
PO Box 1728
Saskatoon SK S7K 3R6